(also mill pond)
- The pool that is created by a milldam and provides the head of water that powers a water mill.More example sentences
- A small millpond on Faunce's property powered a bellows for the furnace that the brook is named for.
- Barely larger than a swimming pool and not as deep, the millpond is not the sort of location you would normally choose to dive.
- The road on which the Federals marched passed by the mill and was bordered on the left by millponds and swamps and on the right by a swamp that extended into the Wateree River.
More definitions of millpondDefinition of millpond in:
- The British & World English dictionary