Definition of mindfulness in English:
1The quality or state of being conscious or aware of something: their mindfulness of the wider cinematic tradition
More example sentences
- The meditation he was teaching wasn't mindfulness of the breath.
- Some people need such concrete visual reminders to maintain mindfulness of their gratitude, explains Emmons.
- Simply being there with our body, with our physical sense of existence, is the mindfulness of body.
2A mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
- Apart from the hours of sound sleep, you should try to maintain continuous mindfulness throughout your waking hours.
- Long practice at meditation or mindfulness can also dispel the illusion.
- For instance, a therapist may teach mindfulness, a concept borrowed from Zen Buddhism.
Definition of mindfulness in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India