Definition of mineral water in English:
1Water found in nature with some dissolved salts present.
- The good news is that almost three quarters of the bottled waters we drink are natural mineral waters, with still versions the most popular.
- For instance, the actual mineral content of most mineral waters is less than 500 parts per million.
- And at almost a pound a bottle, Dasani tap water was more expensive than many natural mineral waters.
1.1chiefly British An artificial imitation of this, especially soda water.
- Yes, dear reader, ice cream and mineral waters, or soda and pop as they are called today, was indeed a luxury for many Irish people in times past.
- By the 1970s, blow moulded bottles made from high purity food grades of the resin were beginning to appear and were used for carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters.
- Instead, dozens of young children dart through the crowds selling small bottles of iced mineral water or brightly coloured fizzy drinks.
Definition of mineral water in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia