- A disc having a format similar to a small CD but able to record sound or data as well as play it back.More example sentences
- We were a little unsure about this boast at first; after all, the PSP takes new format UMD discs, and history is littered with failed formats like betamax or minidiscs.
- That explains their similar crusades against reel-to-reel home tape recorders, cassettes, DATs, minidiscs, VHS and even MTV - which they eventually had to accept, just as file-swapping will surely defeat the legislators and lawyers.
- It concerns the minidisc format, about which I know very little other than that Sony has made it less than simple to transfer recordings off a minidisc and onto another format.
More definitions of minidiscDefinition of minidisc in:
- The British & World English dictionary