- A government in which the governing party has most seats but still less than half the total.More example sentences
- Since the JVP quit, the ruling coalition has been a minority government with just 80 seats in a parliament of 225.
- At the moment, we have a minority government supported by another party on confidence and supply, but without an automatic majority on legislation.
- Aznar's Popular Party was elected in 1996 as a minority government in coalition with Catalan and Basque nationalist parties.
More definitions of minority governmentDefinition of minority government in:
- The British & World English dictionary