- A synthetic drug that is used as a vasodilator in the treatment of hypertension, and is also used in lotions to promote hair growth.More example sentences
- The mechanism of action by which minoxidil promotes hair growth is unknown, but it appears to act at the level of the hair follicle.
- In one study of patients who had 25 to 99 percent loss of scalp hair, treatment with topical 5 percent minoxidil produced cosmetically acceptable hair growth in about 40 percent of patients after one year.
- The latest rage in baldness nostrums was the drug minoxidil, sold under the label Rogaine.
More definitions of minoxidilDefinition of minoxidil in:
- The British & World English dictionary