- 1A sweet yellow plumlike fruit that is a variety of the greengage.More example sentences
- The mirabelles, which are another group of mainly yellow plums, are also hard to classify with confidence but placed by some authorities as varieties of P. insititia.
- It smells racy, intense and richly baroque, glittering with aromas of apricots, nectarines and mirabelles.
- That's when we saw a section which had first escaped our attention, the pick-your-own plum trees - dozens upon dozens of beautiful leafy trees, positively laden with quetsches and mirabelles.
early 18th century: from French.
More definitions of mirabelleDefinition of mirabelle in:
- The British & World English dictionary