- A common carp of an ornamental variety that has a row of large shiny platelike scales along each side. It has been naturalized in North America, Britain, and elsewhere.More example sentences
- It is a mixed fishery stocked with roach, bream, golden orfe, common and mirror carp with some nice koi present.
- However when the mirror carp turned the scales to 10 lb - 14 oz that was enough for second place and also turned out to be the biggest fish caught by the Nelson boys this season.
- Whilst scaled carp still exist, mirror carp, with a few scales, and leather carp, with no scales at all, have been developed.
More definitions of mirror carpDefinition of mirror carp in:
- The British & World English dictionary