A mistaken belief about or interpretation of something: she must have been laboring under the misapprehension that you are nice
More example sentences
- There are no major mistakes or misapprehensions in their knowledge and beliefs about the disease.
- And George says that, in spite of many popular misapprehensions, logging is often good for forests.
- But it is a common misapprehension to think that joint orders afford some sort of protection.
- Example sentences
- People are not always evil; they are often misguided or jaded or confuse or misapprehensive or imperceptive or insensitive or prejudiced.
- She is misapprehensive about the simplest things and rejects Life.
- It has also been used successfully in obstetrics and undoubtedly would be used much more if there were not such a misapprehensive, fearful attitude toward it.
Words that rhyme with misapprehensionabstention, apprehension, ascension, attention, circumvention, comprehension, condescension, contention, contravention, convention, declension, detention, dimension, dissension, extension, gentian, hypertension, hypotension, intention, intervention, invention, mention, obtention, pension, prehension, prevention, recension, retention, subvention, supervention, suspension, tension
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.