1A wrong or false belief or opinion: the misbelief that alcohol problems require a specialist response
More example sentences
- A new project should help dispel commonly held misbeliefs about Aboriginal Australians.
- They have to denounce their previous misbeliefs about the state, learn to love conformity and hate dissent.
- These misbeliefs are commonly associated with schizophrenia, but they can also occur in people with brain injuries, Huntington's and Parkinson's disease and dementia.
1.1 less common term for disbelief.
- Example sentences
- Extremely clever volumes all, they are calculated to cause discomfort among unbelievers and misbelievers of all educational levels.
- And all these misbelievers, these small professors of free-thinking, are usually grossly ignorant and stupid, and without exception, the most abandoned and vicious people of the place.
- Let us add that faith does not reason: which does not mean, as so many misbelievers feign, that faith is fulfilled by blindness or ignorance of the objects of its veneration.
Words that rhyme with misbeliefaperitif, beef, belief, brief, chief, enfeoff, fief, grief, interleaf, leaf, Leif, lief, Mazar-e-Sharif, motif, naif, O'Keeffe, reef, seif, Sharif, sheaf, shereef, sportif, Tenerife, thief
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.