- 1Calculate (an amount, distance, or measurement) wrongly.More example sentences
- She told him she had miscalculated the amount of money she needed for stock and was in danger of losing her customers if she couldn't meet her commitments.
- I finally finished the decking today.… I started to put the deck boards on yesterday whilst it was drizzling with rain and found out that I'd miscalculated the amount of boards I needed.
- They died because someone miscalculated the amount of time it would take for the car to cross the railroad tracks.
- 1.1Assess (a situation) wrongly: the government has seriously miscalculated the effect of privatization [no object]: you miscalculated if you imagined I’d fallen for your little schemeMore example sentences
- He seriously miscalculated public opinion of the other countries.
- No less did he miscalculate the effect on public opinion in Iran.
- He also added that he believes that it is essential that the leadership of the People's Liberation Army do not miscalculate in this situation.