verb[with object and complement]
- 1Call (something) by a wrong or inappropriate name: the motile bacteria have been miscalled zoosporesMore example sentences
- His first thought was that of every young man, who blithely thinks to pit the bravado he miscalls courage against every obstacle.
- Just a reminder - expenditure on staff costs and consumables is ‘spending’, not ‘investment’, and just because Nu-Labour persists in miscalling it as spending, it doesn't mean we have to accept meekly their attempts to confuse the issue.
- Specifically, teachers should know whether to intervene when a word is miscalled, when to intervene, and how to appropriately respond.
More definitions of miscallDefinition of miscall in:
- The British & World English dictionary