- A failure of a court or judicial system to attain the ends of justice, especially one that results in the conviction of an innocent person.More example sentences
- If the error is one of law, the onus will then shift to the Crown to demonstrate that the error did not result in a miscarriage of justice.
- The Court is not convinced that any error resulting in a miscarriage of justice has been shown in this case.
- He is seeking a certificate from the Court of Criminal Appeal to declare that the conviction was a miscarriage of justice.
More definitions of miscarriage of justiceDefinition of miscarriage of justice in:
- The British & World English dictionary