1Fail to understand correctly: she was frustrated by professors who consistently misconceived her essays
More example sentences
- This supposed uniting principle misconceives the argument for gay marriage, which, as I have outlined it, is not necessarily based solely on augmenting the private happiness of two adults.
- Not to mention that the letter's kicker, ‘We hope that this misleading article does not cost a child his life,’ completely misconceives the public policy question.
- The Chief Justice on Wednesday said the judges could be divided into three groups, but all held that the claim as formulated by the men demanding their rights under the South African constitution was misconceived.
1.1 (usually be misconceived) Judge or plan badly, typically on the basis of faulty understanding: criticism of the trade surplus in Washington is misconceived (as adjective misconceived) misconceived notions about gypsies
More example sentences
- Increasingly now, these are from misconceived notions of development: oil drilling, port construction, tourism projects, defence establishments.
- Time and again, history has shown that waging battles to usher in peace have been misconceived notions, for such attempts have only succeeded in breeding hatred and mistrust in society.
- If the objectives are misplaced, the plan misconceived, the resources unavailable or poorly mobilized, then the strategy will fail and this will be the strategist's responsibility.
- Example sentences
- And such mercy is unconditionally expressed even to the alleged misconceivers and consequential evil-doers.
- Are the Russians more erroneous in their perception of America/Americans or are we Americans the bigger misconceivers of the two?
- I hear some obliging misconceiver of my meaning hastening to cry.
Words that rhyme with misconceiveachieve, believe, breve, cleave, conceive, deceive, eve, greave, grieve, heave, interleave, interweave, khedive, leave, naive, Neve, peeve, perceive, reave, receive, reive, relieve, reprieve, retrieve, sheave, sleeve, steeve, Steve, Tananarive, Tel Aviv, thieve, underachieve, upheave, weave, we've, Yves
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.