Definition of misconfigure in English:
verb[with object] (often as adjective misconfigured) Computing
Configure (a system or part of it) incorrectly: misconfigured Windows systems
More example sentences
- Inexperienced network administrators can easily misconfigure operating systems and firewall applications, or install them using default configurations.
- When something goes wrong and elements are misconfigured, service providers have very few reliable methods of isolating and identifying the location and source of the network breakdown.
- But they're sometimes misconfigured to accept and forward connections from the outside as well, allowing anyone on the Internet to route through the proxy with a simple browser configuration change.
- Example sentences
- While more than 80 per cent of the online consumers surveyed believe they are secure, about the same number have not installed necessary security software or have a misconfiguration that affects security, the study said.
- Once a hacker identifies a target network, his or her next step is often to find a system with default configurations or common misconfigurations.
- The rest, he says, are misconfigurations: systems with default passwords still in place, ports open unnecessarily and security features not even turned on.
Definition of misconfigure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.