1A minor wrongdoing: the player can expect a lengthy suspension for his latest misdemeanor
More example sentences
- Because of the risk of fire, there was no heating of any kind and this was a rigorously male society; heavy fines were imposed for even minor misdemeanours such as talking loudly (rather like Scottish public schools used to be).
- But with the exception of a visit to New York in September 2001, this book is just a series of anecdotes about caravans, blocked toilets, petty rows and minor misdemeanours in her car.
- Children as young as 14 are also working illegally, while minor workplace misdemeanours are frequently met with corporal punishment or punitive wage reductions.
1.1 Law A nonindictable offense, regarded in the US (and formerly in the UK) as less serious than a felony.
- The fact that he pled guilty to a misdemeanor and not a felony, I believe, still is going to put him in some jeopardy with immigration.
- Gradually the distinctions between felonies and misdemeanours were eroded by legislation.
- A fourth violation results in a minor misdemeanor for the establishment and referral to the Ohio Department of Liquor Control.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.