Definition of misdial in English:
verb (misdials, misdialing, misdialed ; British misdials, misdialling, misdialled)[no object]
Dial a telephone number incorrectly.
- I'll need to ring the supply company because either they've issued the number twice or it might just be a similar number that people are misdialling.
- But because of his poor sight and their panic, they misdialled.
- She said she thought she was going to die and tried to call her husband, but in her panic she misdialled.
nounBack to top
An act of dialing a number incorrectly.
- If it really was a misdial, they weren't really rude.
- I then piped up admitting my misdial.. the mistake was established and we apologized profusely.
- Well, that morning after my misdial my phone rang.
Definition of misdial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.