verb (misinterprets, misinterpreting, misinterpreted)[with object]
Interpret (something or someone) wrongly.
- Well, we know a lot about the behavior of the phenomena; we also know people make mistakes and misinterpret things.
- Perhaps of even more concern, these stereotypes may lead people to misread or misinterpret another person's emotions.
- Well I'm sorry If somebody misinterprets it like that.
- Example sentences
- Sending interpreters and misinterpreters of these religions to prison is, however, not the proper way of carrying on the process of enlightenment.
- Such misinterpreters do not know the proper techniques, which have to be learned under a bona fide spiritual master.
- The critic is the professional misinterpreter, with whose errors you might compare your own more tolerant or modest appreciation of fiction.
Words that rhyme with misinterpretinterpret
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.