- Give (something) a wrong or inappropriate name: summer peas—misnamed, because they are beans—thrive in hot weatherMore example sentences
- That would be a better name, rather than misnaming it the Families Commission Bill.
- As a result those differences have been misnamed and misused in the service of separation and confusion.
- We actually misnamed the war on terror, it ought to be the struggle against ideological extremists who do not believe in free societies who happen to use terror as a weapon to try to shake the conscience of the free world.
More definitions of misnameDefinition of misname in:
- The British & World English dictionary