Definition of miso in English:
1Paste made from fermented soybeans and barley or rice malt, used in Japanese cooking.
- Miso is quite salty, so use it instead of salt to flavor your food.
- Miso is known to aid in digestion and strengthen the blood.
- The color of miso determines how long the product's been aged, as well as its salt content.
2 (also miso soup) A soup seasoned with miso paste, often with added tofu or vegetables: a bowl of piping hot miso
More example sentences
- Her soup arrives, thank God. It's a clear miso with a few scallion tips.
- The best miso is served in tiny amounts and has a complex, nutty, salty flavor.
- I bet there are people in California nursing homes eating miso.
Definition of miso in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan