Definition of misogynist in English:
A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
- A more depressing group of people it would be difficult to imagine: the boys are bullish jocks or arrogant misogynists, the girls are vain and self-obsessed.
- ‘It is difficult to imagine what outright misogynists would have done differently,’ she railed.
- The more enthusiastic their patronising attempts at conversion, the more they reveal themselves to be intolerant, blinkered misogynists.
antifeminist, (male) chauvinist, sexist, hater
informalmale chauvinist pig
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or characteristic of a misogynist: a misogynist attitude
More example sentences
- She regards the androgyny, same-sex sexuality, or misogynist attitudes of the various male protagonists in these authors' works as transgressions of the two-gender model.
- Despite growing up in the segregated South and battling misogynist attitudes at every turn, Bessie realized her dream to become a pilot.
- With a style that was influenced by jazz, soul, reggae, and dub, she rapped lyrics and rhymes that addressed the misogynist attitude of her male peers.
Words that rhyme with misogynistphilogynist
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.