Definition of misogynist in English:
A person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
- A more depressing group of people it would be difficult to imagine: the boys are bullish jocks or arrogant misogynists, the girls are vain and self-obsessed.
- ‘It is difficult to imagine what outright misogynists would have done differently,’ she railed.
- The more enthusiastic their patronising attempts at conversion, the more they reveal themselves to be intolerant, blinkered misogynists.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or characteristic of a misogynist: a misogynist attitude
More example sentences
- She regards the androgyny, same-sex sexuality, or misogynist attitudes of the various male protagonists in these authors' works as transgressions of the two-gender model.
- Despite growing up in the segregated South and battling misogynist attitudes at every turn, Bessie realized her dream to become a pilot.
- With a style that was influenced by jazz, soul, reggae, and dub, she rapped lyrics and rhymes that addressed the misogynist attitude of her male peers.
- Example sentences
- It disgusts me how easily they promulgate their misogynistic, inhumane and soul destroying interpretations of the teachings of Jesus in the name of love and salvation.
- She took sexist misogynistic lyrics from existing songs that get radio play and wove them into a declaration of how she will not be used and mistreated.
- Contrary to misogynistic belief, therefore, women's preoccupation with their looks is not about vanity, but self-preservation.