Definition of misprint in English:
An error in printed text: Galway might be a misprint for Galloway
More example sentences
- A number of misprints and proof reading errors are present which could have been avoided.
- Some are full of misprints, errors and inappropriacies; others can stand comparison with imported texts.
- The book itself is handsomely presented, but surprisingly for a BBC publication, contains quite a few misprints and typos.
Pronunciation: /misˈprint/[with object] Back to top
Print (something) incorrectly.
- In the reviews of Studia Fennica Folkloristica no.s 2 and 3 in the 1999 issue of Folklore, the Finnish word runo was misprinted as rung.
- Certainly, the exams didn't look to be getting off to the best start, when the first person noticed that the rubric was misprinted as ‘Answer all 5 questions’.
- Yes, five poems in a row are misprinted.
Words that rhyme with misprintasquint, bint, clint, dint, flint, glint, hint, imprint, lint, mint, print, quint, skint, splint, sprint, squint, stint, tint
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.