Give a false or misleading account of the nature of: you are misrepresenting the views of the government
More example sentences
- This explains why they are eager to misrepresent the nature of Strauss's thought.
- This decision grossly misrepresents the nature of such practices and will only serve to distort public understanding of religious devotion.
- It misrepresents the nature of the choices ahead for the Australian labour movement.
give a false account, misreport, misquote, quote/take out of context, misinterpret, put a spin on, skew, warp, falsify, distort, misstate, exaggerate
- Example sentences
- The waters become muddied though when one considers how we are psychologically ‘bound’ to beliefs about ourselves (or our own beliefs, in fact) that are false, misrepresentative or contradictory.
- I have said that the bias of the articles posted and constant attacks on Islam are misrepresentative of the truth.
- I believe your figure is based on primarily English data, and as GPs in Scotland have historically earned significantly less than those in England, using this survey is misrepresentative.
Words that rhyme with misrepresentabsent, accent, anent, ascent, assent, augment, bent, cement, cent, circumvent, consent, content, dent, event, extent, ferment, foment, forewent, forwent, frequent, gent, Ghent, Gwent, lament, leant, lent, meant, misspent, outwent, pent, percent, pigment, rent, scent, segment, sent, spent, stent, Stoke-on-Trent, Tashkent, tent, torment, Trent, underspent, underwent, vent, went
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.