Definition of misrepresent in English:
Give a false or misleading account of the nature of: you are misrepresenting the views of the government
More example sentences
- This explains why they are eager to misrepresent the nature of Strauss's thought.
- This decision grossly misrepresents the nature of such practices and will only serve to distort public understanding of religious devotion.
- It misrepresents the nature of the choices ahead for the Australian labour movement.
- Example sentences
- The waters become muddied though when one considers how we are psychologically ‘bound’ to beliefs about ourselves (or our own beliefs, in fact) that are false, misrepresentative or contradictory.
- I have said that the bias of the articles posted and constant attacks on Islam are misrepresentative of the truth.
- I believe your figure is based on primarily English data, and as GPs in Scotland have historically earned significantly less than those in England, using this survey is misrepresentative.