Definition of mistletoe in English:
A leathery-leaved parasitic plant that grows on apple, oak, and other broadleaf trees and bears white glutinous berries in winter.
- Several species in the family Viscaceae, in particular the Eurasian Viscum album, and in the family Loranthaceae, in particular the American Phoradendron serotinum
- Most dwarf mistletoes grow on conifers in the western United States.
- In Somerset and Herefordshire mistletoe grows on the apple trees from which cedar is produced.
- The Druids would cut the mistletoe that grew on the oak tree and give it as a blessing.
Definition of mistletoe in:
- British & World English dictionary