- The valve between the left atrium and the left ventricle of the heart, consisting of two tapered cusps.More example sentences
- The newly oxygenated blood enters the left atrium through the four pulmonary veins and flows from the left atrium through the mitral valve into the left ventricle.
- Systemic venous blood goes from the right atrium, across the mitral valve, into the left ventricle and then into the pulmonary artery.
- The left atrium of the heart receives oxygenated (oxygen-rich) blood from the lungs and then empties into the left ventricle through the mitral valve.
More definitions of mitral valveDefinition of mitral valve in:
- The British & World English dictionary