1A fine-quality coffee.
- A whoosh of freshly ground mocha coffee hits the nose and then, once the wine hits your mouth, it's joined by black fruits, liquorice, spice and a spray of refreshing acidity.
- The local coffee mocha (named after the town al-Mukha), became an important item in world trade.
- Many grocery stores carry all kinds of ‘specialty coffees’ such as mint, mocha, or almond.
1.1A drink or flavoring made with or in imitation of this, typically with chocolate added.
- Not mention, I was horribly addicted to iced mochas and hot chocolates.
- I drink café mochas at least four or five times a day.
- Once people are used to going back to school and get back into more daily rituals, they will go back to lattes and mochas.
1.2A dark brown color.
- If you have brown eyes, stick with taupe, sable and mocha hues.
- Then she realized that one of his eyes was deep mocha brown and the other was a bright sky blue, almost too blue.
- A barbecued duck breast with roasted plums might have been enjoyable if it hadn't arrived mocha brown.
Late 18th century: named after Mocha, a port on the Red Sea, from where the coffee and leather were first shipped.
Words that rhyme with mochablocker, chocker, docker, Fokker, interlocker, locker, mocker, ocker, quokka, rocker, saltimbocca, shocker, soccer, stocker
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.