- (Of a literary work or its style) imitating the style of heroic literature in order to satirize an unheroic subject.More example sentences
- A brawl ensues, elaborately described in the author's mock-heroic style.
- The mock-heroic style of the intertitles contrasts well with the banal visuals.
- Moreover, this pattern of resemblance is rendered still more striking by the prominent appearance of mock-heroic topoi and diction in both poems.
noun(often as mock heroics) Back to top
- A burlesque imitation of the heroic character or literary style.More example sentences
- It is these issues that should have been the focus of the press coverage from the start, not the mock-heroics of aircraft carriers, special forces and the stunt work of the young pilots in the sky.
- When the satirist aims to deflate false heroes, imposters or charlatans, who claim a respect which is not their due, the vehicle he chooses for this is usually the mock-heroic.
- The unifying theme of most of the top 10 seems to imply that the station's listeners are easily impressed by the mock-heroic.
More definitions of mock-heroicDefinition of mock-heroic in:
- The British & World English dictionary