Entry from British & World English dictionary
More definitions of MODDefinition of Mod in:
- The British & World English dictionary
- Modern.More example sentences
- Everything screams Euro, from the glossy wine-red walls dressed with oversized posters to the throbbing house to the floor-to-ceiling stall doors and mod capsule hand dryer in the WC.
- Families who have every hi-tech mod con in their rooms, overnight laundry service and on-tap pampering for mums and dads.
- A secret chamber with all mod surveillance and survival cons, it is all the rage in New York.
nounBritish Back to top
- (Especially in the early 1960s) a young person of a subculture characterized by stylish dress, the riding of motor scooters, and a liking for soul music.More example sentences
- After all, parents in earlier times were once scandalised by teddy boys and mods and hippies and punks.
- Back in the Eighties, you were either a mod, a long-haired rocker or a football casual and if you were a particularly awkward teenager you were a goth.
- By the late 60s many working-class mods had evolved into skinheads, and were listening to the music coming out of Jamaica at the time.
- A modification: a couple of minor mods to the wheels will ease the installation of the tiresMore example sentences
- The design will need to incorporate all the same blogger tags, links and sidebar elements as the current template with scope for easy mods.
- Another popular mod, for cases that lack it, is attaching USB connections to the front of the case.
- The mod in question allows players to zoom right in to the action and allows for a much more free experience.
verb (mods, modding, modded)[with object] Back to top
- Make modifications to; modify: both the single-player and multiplayer games can be moddedMore example sentences
- Apple computers have been modded into PCs and vice versa.
- It'll be like modding a car: You buy the really basic model, and swap out the things you don't like for things you do like.
- A good article in the Tech Review looks at the issue of mod chips, and how far companies go to stop anyone from modding their hardware.
- More example sentences
- Many of the best game companies now count on modders to show them the way creatively and to ensure their own survival in a savagely competitive market.
- Obviously, for someone who doesn't show their PC off much, this won't matter, but for most case modders, looks are everything.
- That's why this product has a particular appeal for modders and owners of system cases with a transparent side window - the modules do look amazing at work.