Definition of modernize in English:
Adapt (something) to modern needs or habits, typically by installing modern equipment or adopting modern ideas or methods: a five-year plan to modernize Algerian agriculture
More example sentences
- These measures had a profound impact on some sectors which modernized their production methods to meet the war's limitless demand for arms and munitions.
- We don't know for sure what caused this problem, but updating and modernizing the national grid is important.
- So I think we in Congress can help these less wealthy areas of the country update and modernize their technology.
- Example sentences
- Dean has been a modernizer and innovator, and should be embraced for it.
- The idea that progress comes through conflict has been lost to the idea that progress comes through allowing modernisers to do exactly what they want.
- He was always a moderniser, a reformist - and if he was alive today, he would have had me to listen to.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.