Definition of mohair in English:
1The long, silky hair of the angora goat.
- Their large herd of Angora goats that are sheared for the fiber the goats produce, mohair, are rounded up twice a year.
- His great-uncle started the business in the mid-19th century when he moved to Bradford from Turkey to trade in opium for the pharmaceutical trade, wheat, barley, fur and mohair.
- Farmers from as far as Jilingarra, Gidgegannup, Merredin and Armadale visited the farm to see a team of local shearers and the preparation of mohair for sale.
1.1A yarn or fabric made from this, typically mixed with wool: [as modifier]: a mohair sweater
More example sentences
- For our illustration, we chose a tailored skirt suit in a textured wool, mohair, and linen blend.
- The clothing is available in a vast variety of weights, with plush effects, blended with silk, mohair, wool and lurex in the ways that make these garments instantly recognizable.
- From the toy bears on wheels, they expanded to the production of stuffed toy animals for which they utilized mohair plush, a new fabric woven from the wool of angora goats.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia