Definition of molal in English:
(Of a solution) containing one mole of solute per kilogram of solvent.
- As such a one molal solution has one mole dissolved in 2.205 lb of solution.
- If 1kg of solvent has two moles of solute dissolved in it than it is a 2 molal solution.
- The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.
- Example sentences
- If the solvent used is water the molarity and the molality are essentially the same.
- The latter three properties are directly proportional to the molality of the dissolved solute, which is defined as the number of moles of solute per kilogram of solvent.
- Instead of dealing with the volume of the solution or solvent, molality is concerned with the mass of solution or solvent.
Definition of molal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan