- A large burrowing nocturnal cricket with broad forelegs, the female of which lays her eggs in an underground nest and guards the young.
More example sentences
- Family Gryllotalpidae, subfamily Gryllotalpinae: several genera
- The prairie mole cricket, Gryllotalpa major, is the largest North American cricket.
- Other animals and plants such as the mole cricket and marsh gentian, which are suited to wetter heaths, may suffer as their habitat dries out in the summer.
- Earwigs are amazing, under-appreciated insects that can devouring mole crickets and eat up to fifty chinch bugs a night!
More definitions of mole cricketDefinition of mole cricket in:
- The British & World English dictionary