A stocky, broad-headed North American salamander that spends much of its life underground.
- Family Ambystomatidae: several genera, in particular Ambystoma, and numerous species, including A. talpoideum
More example sentences
- Examples of these organisms include wood frogs, mole salamanders, and fairy shrimp.
- During early Spring, some mole salamanders are known for their mass migrations to breeding sites, converging in very large numbers on ponds over the course of two or three days.
- This spring, more than 200 Rhode Islanders in two dozen communities took turns playing crossing guard: for mole salamanders and wood frogs migrating across highways.
Definition of mole salamander in:
- The British & World English dictionary