- A crystalline substance (especially a zeolite) with pores of molecular dimensions that permit the passage of molecules below a certain size.More example sentences
- Zeolite molecular sieves can also segregate molecules of the same size but different electrical characteristics.
- Since DNA molecules have much higher molecular weights than proteins, the molecular sieve used in electrophoresis of DNA must be different as well.
- They have anchored bimetallic catalysts to the insides of such molecular sieves and have found that they can selectively hydrogenate cyclic polyenes.
More definitions of molecular sieveDefinition of molecular sieve in:
- The British & World English dictionary