A small mound of earth thrown up by a mole burrowing near the surface.
More example sentences
- Here's more advice for those of us who suffer from moles and molehills in our lawns, this time from the Garden Centre, near Preston.
- Moles don't dig new tunnels each time they forage, and in fact a very active mole territory may sport very few molehills.
- It is quite common to see moles covered in soil after pushing there way through molehills but have you ever actually seen a muddy fox?
make a mountain out of a molehill
- Exaggerate the importance of something trivial.More example sentences
- I've visited homes where they've appeared to think the school is making a mountain out of a molehill and it's not their problem.
- What am I not being told, and is it because they're afraid of sparking panic, or because the law or the media are afraid of looking like idiots for making a mountain out of a molehill?
- The police are making a mountain out of a molehill.
Definition of molehill in:
- The British & World English dictionary