- Treat (someone) very indulgently or protectively.More example sentences
- The temptation to mollycoddle people who are unable to deal with insulting challenges to themselves or their beliefs is very strong.
- He wrote that the function of fantasy was ‘consolation’, thereby making it an article of policy that a fantasy writer should mollycoddle the reader.
- Following the successful implementation of the smoking ban in enclosed public places, they have devised a plan to mollycoddle us into wellness.
nounBack to top
- An effeminate or ineffectual man or boy; a milksop.More example sentences
- He wants nothing to do with such mollycoddles!
- He agrees with me, and he's no mollycoddle in the critical ring.