(also monoatomic /ˌmonōəˈtämik/)
- Consisting of one atom.More example sentences
- Although the most common anion formed by oxygen is monatomic, oxygen can also form diatomic ions known as peroxides and superoxides (monovalent).
- For example, aluminum, helium, and sodium are monatomic elements, or elements whose atoms can exist alone, without forming molecules.
- Data for monatomic gases like argon and helium give exact agreement, and many diatomic gases show experimental results in close accord with the theory.
More definitions of monatomicDefinition of monatomic in:
- The British & World English dictionary