Definition of monkey flower in English:
A plant of boggy ground, having yellow or red tubular, often spotted flowers.
- Genus Mimulus, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular M. guttatus
- This incredibly beautiful desert wouldn't be complete without its gardens of cactus, black brush, yucca, monkey flower, Easter flowers and ferns.
- For instance, hummingbirds are attracted to coral bells and columbine in spring, scarlet monkey flower and salvia in summer, and California fuchsia in late summer and fall.
- Flowering vines twisting up the cage, and colonies of monkey flower nearby, add charm to the scene.
Definition of monkey flower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India