A plant of boggy ground, having yellow or red tubular, often spotted flowers.
- Genus Mimulus, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, in particular M. guttatus
More example sentences
- This incredibly beautiful desert wouldn't be complete without its gardens of cactus, black brush, yucca, monkey flower, Easter flowers and ferns.
- For instance, hummingbirds are attracted to coral bells and columbine in spring, scarlet monkey flower and salvia in summer, and California fuchsia in late summer and fall.
- Flowering vines twisting up the cage, and colonies of monkey flower nearby, add charm to the scene.
Definition of monkey flower in:
- The British & World English dictionary