- 1Containing or using only one color: monochromatic lightMore example sentences
- The glints of orange fish scales and the gleam of a metallic beetle are some of the few flashes of colour in a predominantly monochromatic palette.
- Colour choices are subdued, and monochromatic.
- If the set is entirely monochromatic the costumes use vivid colour - luscious carmine reds, particularly for the lovers.
- 1.1 Physics (Of light or other radiation) of a single wavelength or frequency.More example sentences
- After diffraction of the beam, the monochromatic radiation was exited from the lower part of the slit and transmitted by another light guide.
- The helium-cadmium laser provides a convenient source of monochromatic UVA light at sufficient intensity to enable a study of irradiance-dependent phenomena over a reasonable range.
- Interference and neutral density filters were additionally used to obtain a stimulus of white or monochromatic light of different intensities.
- More example sentences
- Most of the flashback sequences are monochromatically colour-coded to the tiniest detail.
- The painting is monochromatically brown, drifting into black and brownish greens, colours to which Staël gives a brilliant luminosity.
- This is not a monochromatically somber piece, but a suspenseful slice of unvarnished life, mixing anguish and grief with smiles and laughs.
More definitions of monochromaticDefinition of monochromatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary