Definition of monocle in English:
A single eyeglass, kept in position by the muscles around the eye.
- The knight was now looking around through a single monocle at all the boys passing by, sizing one up for a leader.
- His eyes were a raven black and one eye wore a monocle that was positioned across his nose.
- Finally, out of its leather pouch came his monocle - a plain lens in a rolled gold double rim.
- Example sentences
- That hasn't stopped the monocled Crown Prince, whose opulent lifestyle includes a multi-million-dollar mansion.
- The monocled gentlemen at America's top nut factory developed a tempting canned nut medley: Planter's Mixed Nuts.
- The woman who sat across from Price in the first class train coach was more loquacious than her monocled husband who sat beside her, absorbed in his newspaper.