With, for, or in one eye: he had only monocular vision
More example sentences
- Amblyopia is the most common cause of monocular visual impairment in children and young and middle-aged adults.
- In the 15th century, Brunelleschi invented a screen with central apparatus in order to obtain exact perspective - the monocular vision of the camera obscura.
- A Land Warrior platoon - each soldier outfitted with body armor, a computerized backpack system and helmet-mounted monocular eyepiece - is also part of the parachute assault.
An optical instrument for viewing distant objects with one eye, like one half of a pair of binoculars.
- Our binoculars and monoculars are backed by a Lifetime Transferable Warranty.
- The company offers over 20 models, ranging from monoculars to binoculars and goggles.
- Contemporary optics, everything from pocket monoculars to the largest telescopes, operate on nearly identical principles to those of the earliest magnifying instruments.
- Example sentences
- We performed the D - 15 d monocularly, and the mean value of the two eyes was considered for all further processing.
- The test should be performed binocularly and then monocularly.
- The two snapshots were presented monocularly and sequentially, being separated by a brief time interval.
Mid 17th century: from late Latin monoculus 'having one eye' + -ar1.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.