1 Chemistry Having one ring of atoms in its molecule.
- Clusters containing at least 10 atoms commonly form monocyclic rings.
- Benzene is planar and has an uninterrupted cyclic array of three conjugated double bonds arranged in a monocyclic six membered ring.
- Limonene synthase catalyses the stereo-specific cyclization of geranyl diphosphate to form a monocyclic monoterpene, limonene.
2Relating to a single cycle of activity.
- Plate homologies between the two basic types of aboral cup construction, monocyclic and dicyclic, were not always as had traditionally been assumed.
- Both of these monocyclic crinoids have very few plates in the aboral cup.
- Buproprion is a unique monocyclic antidepressant that has structural similarities to amphetamines.
Definition of monocyclic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.