1A layer one molecule thick.
- Highly structured water molecules occur in the monolayer adjacent to hydrophobic domains of intracellular solutes.
- The immiscible behavior between the film-forming molecules in the mixed monolayer was determined according to the surface phase rule.
- Insertion of the same number of extra molecules into distal monolayers did not result in any inhibition of bilayer fusion.
1.1 Biology & Medicine A cell culture in a layer one cell thick.
- The cells in the two unstained wells of each specimen were processed for a second blind passage of culture on fresh McCoy cell monolayers.
- Endothelial cell stretch has been examined previously using innovative in vitro systems applying mechanical stretch of confluent endothelial cell monolayers.
- Organisms at all stages of development could be seen at 96 hours postinfection of culture monolayers.
Definition of monolayer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.