- 1Consisting of one metal only.More example sentences
- Cast or wrought monometallic aluminum bearings have high load-carrying ability, and can withstand very high speeds.
- 1.1Of, involving, or using a standard of currency based on one metal.More example sentences
- A fairly unanimous consensus focusing on money as a means of exchange based on a monometallic standard and leading to a narrow definition of money is developed.
- The latter, monometallic, standard has problems of coin size (too small or too large) and of susceptibility to counterfeiting.
- The widely accepted belief that originally the United States was on a monometallic ‘gold standard’ is incorrect.
More definitions of monometallicDefinition of monometallic in:
- The British & World English dictionary