- (Of a group of organisms) descended from a common evolutionary ancestor or ancestral group, especially one not shared with any other group.More example sentences
- Given two monophyletic groups of taxa, the site patterns found in an alignment of sequences can be described in terms of five classes.
- We extended the analysis to the five cowbird species that conform a monophyletic group in the phylogeny.
- Taxa names represent monophyletic groups of viruses with similar coding capacities.
More definitions of monophyleticDefinition of monophyletic in:
- The British & World English dictionary