- A railroad in which the track consists of a single rail, typically elevated, with the trains suspended from it or balancing on it.More example sentences
- By contrast, alternate technologies like people movers, mini metros and monorails require the entire route to be separated either by elevating it, putting it underground or fencing it off.
- Some monorails get by with tracks just a shade over two feet wide.
- How about an elevated monorail to connect the two Bradford stations, the airport link and the Odsal complex?
More definitions of monorailDefinition of monorail in:
- The British & World English dictionary