- 1Dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest: the statistics that he quotes with monotonous regularityMore example sentences
- Interning is tiresome, in a dull and wholly monotonous sort of way, especially on Mondays.
- Say goodbye to eating dull, monotonous and insipid food day after day.
- It's like having an incredibly monotonous and dull job where you sit around doing virtually nothing in complete silence.
- 1.1(Of a sound or utterance) lacking in variation in tone or pitch: soon we heard a low, monotonous wailing of many voicesMore example sentences
- The monotonous sound of his voice gave way to music as soon as I pressed the play button again.
- This is perfect for business trips or for drowning out the monotonous sound of that copier next to your cube.
- She muttered to herself as she bore the monotonous sounds of the line ringing.
- More example sentences
- Here the actors spoke slowly, reverently, and monotonously, with pauses long enough for the audience to go out for a smoke.
- They just keep on turning out winners almost monotonously.
- They have not lost at the ground in a league game in 11 visits, and won yesterday in a manner which has become monotonously predictable.