- 1Lack of variety and interest; tedious repetition and routine: you can become resigned to the monotony of captivityMore example sentences
- All of these methods can break the muscle monotony of traditional routines and shock complacent bodyparts into new gains.
- There is very little to break the familiarity and deadening monotony of Aslam's routine.
- The tedious monotony of his job did not deter him from being innovative.
- 1.1Sameness of pitch or tone in a sound or utterance: depression flattens the voice almost to monotonyMore example sentences
- ‘You did,’ Alysia accused, her tone faltering from its usual emotionless monotony.
- She thought that maybe her mind was making the tone sound different so as to break the monotony but then the sounds began to make sense.
- The sweetness of the vocal harmonies is tempered by the rawness of the guitar and the unremitting monotony of the drum patterns.