(also monozygous /ˌmänəˈzīgəs/)
- (Of twins) derived from a single ovum, and so identical.More example sentences
- Because monozygotic twins presumably have identical genes, any dermatoglyphic differences between them must be due to differences in prenatal environmental experiences.
- Two well conducted and well controlled studies show that refractive errors are much more strongly correlated in monozygotic twins than in dizygotic twins.
- For the correlation analysis, 20 unrelated couples were formed by randomly matching one monozygotic twin with one dizygotic twin.
More definitions of monozygoticDefinition of monozygotic in:
- The British & World English dictionary