- A plant of the iris family with bright orange-yellow trumpet-shaped flowers.
More example sentences
- Crocosmia × crocosmiflora, family Iridaceae
- Drive around the country at this time of year, particularly in the south, and you're sure to spot the old-fashioned montbretia waving in swaths on banks and woven through hedgerows.
- All over the island there are great clumps of the brilliant orange montbretia.
late 19th century: modern Latin, named after A. F. E. Coquebert de Montbret (1780–1801), French botanist.
More definitions of montbretiaDefinition of montbretia in:
- The British & World English dictionary